What we offer
- Conduct organizational assessment for grantwriting needs and goals
- Search and develop a list of potential funding resources
- Compose letters of inquiry
- Write and develop grant proposals – This service includes consultation with you, communication with respective staff and board members, and brainstorming sessions if needed. We’ll help you develop goals and objectives, draft an evaluation plan and prepare all documents for submission, proofread and edit. We can also submit the proposal to the funding source and provide follow-up.
- Proposal Re-Writes – If your organization has a proposal, but you have not yet targeted a potential funding source, we’ll help you locate new sources and re-write the proposal to fit these guidelines.
- Grant Proposal Review – Have a proposal ready to go? The Next Write Thing provides proofreading services to make sure that your grant matches the guidelines of the funding source and will rise to the top.
- Training/coaching in strategic grant planning, including research and writing techniques to build winning proposals.
Writing and Editorial:
- Creative copy for websites, brochures, direct mail and other outreach materials
- Social media stories and posts/photography
- Grant reports
- Speeches/Public Presentations
- Case statements
- Newsletters and promotional pieces
Consulting Services for Nonprofit Organizations:
- Board workshops – The Next Write Thing can help your organization to develop a strong, passionate board of directors by providing half-day or full-day workshops. Working closely with your staff and board members, we will create an agenda together to maximize the time allotted and to stay focused on the most important issues. Our board workshops are designed to be fun, experiential, and motivational- helping your organization to reach its highest potential.
- Start-up assistance – Do you have a great idea for a nonprofit but have no idea how to start one? We can help. Starting a nonprofit can be frustrating and time-consuming. Let us navigate the tedious (but necessary) paperwork, so you can concentrate on the fun stuff!
- Special events – The Next Write Thing can help you plan and execute all aspects of a special event for your organization. Planning a fundraiser or a “friend-raiser?” We can handle all of the nitty-gritty details, including location, invitations, silent auction, food and beverages, entertainment. We have planned all types of events for 20 to 500 people.
The Next Write Thing LLC charges on a sliding scale by the hour or per-project basis. In accordance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice as set forth by the American Association of Grant Professionals (AAGP), we do not work on a contingency or commission basis.